Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Hello, and welcome to my blog.  The purpose of this blog is to give me a forum to express my thoughts and ideas as well as feelings I may be having about events in my life or around the world.  I may even share some photographs from time to time.  We do after all live in a very visual world.

The opinions you see expressed here will likely reflect my Christian faith.  This may be obvious at times and at others a bit more veiled.  What I say, what I do and what I believe are all impacted by my faith.  I state that here so there can be no uncertainty about how I approach my life and what informs my thoughts and actions.  I would also say that, like everyone else that shares my point of view, I am an imperfect person, wholly capable of making mistakes.  I am the last person to claim that I am perfect.  Only God is perfect.  It is His perfection that sets the standard by which all other things are measured.


Whether you agree with me or not is entirely up to you.  Will my purpose here be to proselytize my readers? Perhaps.  But that is not my sole purpose.  Each life has value in this world.  Some more than others.  What is unique in the time we live is that every person with access to a computer and the Internet now has a chance to share their perceptions of the world in a forum that makes those thoughts available to a vast audience.  People may come across those writings and choose to find some value in their expressions, regardless of having any relationship with the author.  Maybe someone can find something of use in the ramblings of a random person who, one day, decided to make their thoughts known to a wider audience.


I enjoy sharing conversations with people that do not share my same belief.  While it is my hope that in time everyone could come to the same knowledge of faith that I have, I understand that is a lofty goal that will likely never come to be.  I learn from others that do not believe as I do.  I learn more about myself.  I learn more about my faith.  Some who share my belief are afraid of tough questions about God, the Bible, Jesus, what have you.  I however choose to welcome tough questions as they push us to better understand what it is we hold so dear.  It may take time to frame a response to a tough question, but in the end, I find I have usually grown in my own faith as a result.  I think those who are honestly and openly looking toward Christianity for answers appreciate truth from its adherents, regardless of whether they find themselves in agreement or not, rather than a saccharine response that covers reality with fluff. 


Regardless of your opinion about me or my writings, I do hope that your time spent here gains you something of use in your life.  Maybe, just maybe, it will be something important enough that you will then share what you've found with someone else. Either way, thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read what I have to offer. ~Erik

No comments:

Post a Comment